As the common saying goes, ‘there is always the first time for everything.’ If you have started developing an interest in music, then a guitar is one of the most common music instruments to own. Being a first timer means you don’t know much about the guitars. Hence, there is a need to get highlights which enlighten you on the best ones, how and where to buy them. This beginner guide is therefore meant for you if you are such a person.
A guide to guitars for beginners
Types of guitars
There are many various types of guitars which are used for different purposes. Beginners can decide to start with any guitar depending on how determined they are and the tutor’s approach.
- Acoustic guitar – it is one of the most popular types of guitars used. They have steel strings and are louder than any other. These guitars are used for Jazz and other more lively music. Their shapes can differ depending on the manufacturer, but they have the same concept.
- Classical guitars – their main characteristic is that they have nylon strings and used to play the classical type of music.
- Electric guitar – mainly, they use electricity to amplify the sound making them suitable for big music extravaganzas in a big theater. Their price is high and mostly used by experts.
How to buy a guitar for a beginner
Type of guitar
Beginners are more concerned with learning the basics first, rather than perform in shows. This makes both acoustic and classical guitars the best choice for them. They are not complicated with simple adjustments for the best sound quality. Furthermore, one can move around with them as they do not require any power.
The price of the guitar
Beginners do not need to invest a lot of money in a guitar, and therefore, the cheaper but great guitars are the best. These two guitars are generally priced lower as compared to the other professional options. So, they provide value for money making them the perfect beginner’s options.
The finish of the guitar
One more thing to check is the quality of finishing and the value of the material making them. As much as they are usually made of wood or bamboo, those that are light yet durable are the best.
Where to buy a guitar for a beginner
- Online shops – One beauty of buying online is the ability to choose from a variety and the convenience it gives the shoppers. The sellers put all the descriptions and others details for a buyer to make the right decisions.
- Music shops – the brick and mortar music shops in shopping malls or along the streets also sell great guitars particularly those with a reputation to protect.